Kevin C. Harrison, DMD, MS
“What sets my practice apart is treatment planning that is evidence-based, and my familiarity with the latest surgical techniques,” says Dr. Kevin C. Harrison. Bear Canyon Periodontics and Implant Specialists provides customized, patient-centered care and unparalleled periodontal expertise, utilizing today’s most innovative techniques and technologies. Our mission is to fully understand the needs of each patient and provide the highest level of exceptional periodontal care in a comfortable, patient-oriented environment.
Dr. Harrison has received extensive training in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease. He also has specialized expertise with the placement and maintenance of dental implants and cosmetic periodontal procedures.
Patient education and their understanding of treatment is a top priority of Dr. Harrison and his team, which takes great pride in serving the Albuquerque area. Bear Canyon Periodontics provides excellence in periodontal therapy, tooth removal, dental implants, gum grafting, bone grafting, sinus lifting, and periodontal plastic surgery.
Currently, Dr. Harrison maintains a private practice limited to the art and science of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry and has been in private practice for eleven years. In 2011, Dr. Harrison received a Master of Science degree in Periodontics from the prestigious Periodontics Program at The Ohio State University and is Board Eligible by the American Academy of Periodontology.
Dr. Harrison graduated with a B.S. in Microbiology and Cell Science with Honors from the University of Florida in 2002 under full academic scholarship. He obtained his Doctorate of Dental Medicine from the Medical College of Georgia, School of Dentistry in 2008. He has lectured at the Albuquerque District Dental Society (A.D.D.S) meeting and at the New Mexico Dental Conferences. Dr. Harrison was listed in Albuquerque The Magazine Top Dental Specialist section in September 2013, September 2014, September 2015, September 2016 and September 2017. Dr. Harrison was voted Runner up “Best Periodontist” in Albuquerque as voted by his fellow dental colleagues in the September 2017 edition of Albuquerque The Magazine. Dr. Harrison was voted #1 Best Periodontist in Albuquerque as voted by his fellow dental colleagues in the September 2018 edition of Albuquerque The Magazine. Dr. Harrison was again voted #1 Best Periodontist in Albuquerque as voted by his fellow dental colleagues in the September 2019 edition of Albuquerque The Magazine.
In addition, Dr. Harrison co-leads professional study groups, and is an active member of the American Academy of Periodontology, the Academy of Osseointegration, the International Team of Implantology, the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, the New Mexico Dental Association, the American Dental Association, Spear Study Club (Leader), and the Seattle Study Club.
His hobbies include traveling, hiking, playing golf and spending quality time with his wife, two sons and daughter.
- The Ohio State University, Master in Science (MS) in Periodontics – 2011
- The Medical College of Georgia, Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) – 2008
- The University of Florida, Bachelor in Science (BS) – Microbiology – 2002
- The American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
- The Academy of Osseointegration (AO)
- The International Team of Implantology (ITI)
- The American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (ADSA)
- The American Dental Association (ADA)
- The New Mexico Dental Association (NMDA)
- The International Association of Dental Research (IADR)
- Spear Study Club (Leader)
- Seattle Study Club (Co-Leader)
- Fixation tack penetration into the maxillary sinus: A case report of a guided bone regeneration procedure complication
Kevin Harrison, Irma Iskandar, Hua-Hong Chien, Am J Case Rep 2013; 14:CR43-47
- K.Harrison, B.Leblebicioglu, H-H.Chien. Alveolar Bone Expansion Following Ridge-Split Technique. J.Dent.Res. 90 (Special issue) Abstract 2169 IADR 2011.
- K.Harrison. Socket Preservation – An Evidence Based Procedure? New Mexico Dental Journal, Winter 2011.