Our community has been through a lot and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
New Mexico has reopened and it is a triumph for all of us. The past year plus has been a struggle for all and has challenged us to be more resilient, flexible, compassionate and patient. We are extremely grateful for your patronage and grace during these trying times. Bear Canyon Periodontics remains committed to the health and wellness of our employees and patients. We would like to remind you that MASKS WILL CONTINUE TO BE REQUIRED FOR ALL PATIENTS, REGARDLESS OF YOUR VACCINATION STATUS. We are continuing to observe CDC and NM Department of Health guidelines regarding masks and we know that this small inconvenience has a tremendous impact to protect our immunocompromised and/or unvaccinated patients and team members. We want to thank you in advance and want to remind you masks and vaccinations have been essential in our attack against Covid-19. Vaccinations sites are still available to the public at no cost. We are still in this fight, don’t let it catch you with your guard down.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Patients must wear their own mask to our office. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
- A clear barrier between patients and our reception desk.
- All staff members are wearing face masks.
- Our office is now equipped with medical grade ultra-HEPA air filtration devices in the patient lobby and patient treatment rooms.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Chairs have been removed and spaced out to allow a 6-foot distance.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at office number at 505-275-1662. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients.
Bear Canyon Periodontics and Implantology Team